Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Astrology Chart - The Beheading of James Foley

I have been meaning to write about this for a while and just hours ago, before the announcement of the second journalist (Steven Sotloff) by ISIS was announced. Maybe it's time to.

James Foley, an American journalist based in Syria, was said to have been beheaded in a video by an ISIS militant as retribution for the United States’ intervention against ISIS in Iraq on 19 August 2014.

I did not watch the video but heard parts of the audio and James' speech, which was moving but also sounded scripted.

This is his birth chart (time unknown).



 Sun conjuncts Uranus in Spica (exact)

He is an eccentric individual who expresses strongly about justice and fairness and freedom. The exact conjunction in Spica is something that I deemed to be very lucky. His very lucky aspect would explain his previous encounters of being captured and then released without harm.

Mercury conjuncts Eros
Mercury trine Moon
He is a very passionate speaker, very capable of conveying his emotions.

Pallas conjuncts Psyche
I think he is someone very intuitive too and sensitive, someone very in touch with how his inner soul feels.

Asteroid Karma conjuncts Asteroid America
America-Karma squares Sun-Uranus (exact)
Now this is the aspect that bothers me.
It probably says that America affects his Karma or of his karmic ties with America. This however is squaring his Sun (self-expression).  How he feels about freedom in Syria will act against the karma he has with America.

I probably don't make sense. Maybe the better way of phrasing would be his eccentric ways of self-expression (fighting for freedom through journalism even if it means getting into dangerous scenarios) got him into situations where he's opposing his karma with America.

*****

Now when I first heard the news of him being beheaded by ISIS, my first instinct was to check for Algol the fixed star (27 Taurus) and I was expecting to see harsh aspects to it in his birth chart.

Algol links to the story of Medusa who got her head chopped off by Perseus. It has a meaning of "losing one's head" to it. Just weeks before this, I happened to read about Algol's influence in cases involving beheading. I didn't even actively search for it for I do not like dealing with violent deaths. It was just strange that I got to find out that piece of information before this happened.

I also checked Isis asteroid (used as a name asteroid). The original meaning of Isis refers to the Egyptian goddess but somewhat the appearance of ISIS (the group) has tainted its name.

I did not see any influence in his chart. Given how they announced the nature of his death and the horrifying impact it has on the world, one would expect to see "violent death" in his chart.

No planets on Algol or harsh aspects. Asteroid Isis is at 1 Libra, not really conjuncting Pluto as the orb is wide. The Sabian symbol for ISIS (or Isis asteroid) in his chart is "A Butterfly Made Perfect by a Dart Through It". I also went through some other asteroids to check.

After much thought, I do not believe he was beheaded as reported. I also do not see ISIS's involvement since asteroid Isis really isn't doing much in his chart. Perhaps knowing his time of birth (Ascendant - DSC) would show such influence but I have doubts over it changing anything.

I also think Spica puts him in a safe spot and keeps him safe.

"An astrologist can't predict death, but I can foresee non-death." - Linda Goodman


No comments:

Post a Comment