Saturday, July 12, 2014

Musings: Overview of World Cup 2014

Before I start on the chart for World Cup Finals: Germany vs Argentina, I thought I'll do an overview of my reading. Just to keep records. I did not have a chance to blog everything back then.

At the group stage, it was Mercury retrograde. Then Mercury turned straight before the Quarter Finals.

Predictions (in my book):
1. Rise of the underdogs.
Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica was in my list. Cameroon was in my list too but he/she failed me. I learnt later that Cameroon might have deliberately lost their match.

2. Portugal's disappointing exit.
Asteroid Portugal's conjunction with Jupiter wasn't so lucky after all. Its position at fixed star Pollux seems to have displaced its luck. Portugal's exit was earlier than I had expected. I still have to understand Pollux.

3. Brazil's stroke of luck.
I saw a lot of luck on Brazil's side but had predicted that they will make it to semis, but not finals.

4. Underdogs' luck ran out during Quarter Finals when Mercury retrograde ended.

5. Prediction made for final 4 for Semi-finals - Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Netherlands. ( I did not use a chart for this)

6. Failed to see England and Spain's early exit.

7. Had predicted a Germany-Netherlands finals. ( I did not use a chart for this)
To be honest, I couldn't care less after the long draggy match between Argentina and Netherlands.

But to rant a little, the outcome of that game would have changed if Netherlands had substituted in their other goalkeeper, Tim Krul.




No comments:

Post a Comment